With only two and a half weeks left until the end of term, we’ve got a lot crammed in to make sure everyone has a super end to this school year! Thinking about this week, we’ve noted the significant events that are happening at school so you know what’s going on 🙂
- We have a team of 24 P1-4 athletes taking part in a competition at Queens Park Athletics Stadium (just behind the swimming pool) from 9:30am- 2:00pm. If your child is taking part, then please come along and cheer them on if you’re free. There will also be a raffle to raise money for Diabetes UK, so if your child would like to bring some money they can. This is the first time our P1s have been involved in such an event so please join me in wishing them all the best of luck 🙂
- We also have some of our new Nursery children coming to stay and play this week!
- Please remember there is no after school mini-athletics on this day.
- Our P7 pupils are involved in a transition/ team building event with an organisation called Tree of Knowledge and also our new Nursery children are visiting again today, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Our P7s begin their Millburn adventures and all need to be at school for 8:15am when Miss Gray, Mr MacLeod and I will walk them down the hill and deliver them safely to their new teachers at Millburn Academy!
- Also on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday the children coming in to P1 are invited to join us for a school lunch 🙂
- From 5.00-6.00pm there is a Primary 1 Stamina Run, organised by Highlife Highland and the Active Schools Co-ordinators at Queens Park Stadium. All P1 pupils should have already received information about this but if your child is keen to take part then please text Sarah Liebnitz on 07766 363707 or email her at email@example.com to register your child.
- Bikeability for our P6 pupils – remember your bikes and helmets!
- Our P7s are also at Millburn Academy on this day and should make their own way there, checking they leave in plenty time!
- Thursday is also our Open Afternoon and all parents/carers of P1-6 pupils are invited to join us from 2:00pm onwards and enjoy all the children have been doing. Some classes have been writing their own songs, making up dances and creating mini- presentations which you won’t want to miss. We’ve staggered these to allow parents to try and get to the different classes if they have children throughout the school. If you have children in P1 and 2 please make sure you’re at their classroom for 2:00, children in P3 and 4 at 2:20 and children in P5 and 6 at 2:30. Nursery parents and carers are welcome to pop in 30 minutes before the end the session to see what the children have been up to. We look forward to seeing you all on the day!
- Is the final day for our P7s at Millburn and we’ll be looking forward to hearing all their stories when they return to Crown on Monday 22nd!
- Our P5 and 6 pupils are off on their school trip to Landmark on the 19th! Please make sure they dress for the weather, wear shoes/trainers that they can run around in and their school sweatshirt. Children should also remember snacks, drinks and a packed lunch.
- ALL TRACKSUITS TO BE RETURNED! Can we ask all families to check at home for school tracksuits and make sure they are returned to school on this day. We are currently missing tracksuits from the P5-7 children who took part in the South Highland Athletics Competition, the Tain Badminton Team and also the P4 tennis players. Thanks in advance for making sure these come back to school!