The first target for the Learning Council is to figure out what we can do to help make our school a place where everyone feels happy and safe. We’ve shared where we think things might be going wrong and now we’re trying to decide what we could buy, make or do to improve things.
A few suggestions shared today were:
- Build a sandpit for friends to play in
- Have a PSA at the front gate in the morning so people stay on the school grounds
- Hold an Anti-bullying Week
- Have Gate Guards/Monitors at the start and end of each day
- Have Friendship Monitors in the playground. These people would wear PINK bibs and be on the lookout for people who need someone to talk to or play with
- Buy new playground equipment
- Buy a Friendship Bench or create a Friendship Seating Area
- Each class makes a book that shows the school rules and what we can do to keep people happy and safe
- Make posters and display them in and out of school to remind people about our Good to be Green rules
- Have a week where there is no football on the All Weather Pitch and everyone learns new sports so more children can join in.
Which of the ideas above do you think would make a difference? Is there anything else you could suggest that we could do this year to make sure everyone feels happy and safe? The Learning Council would love to hear from YOU so please post a comment and share your thoughts!